Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Travel and Arrival

We have finally made it! After an exhausting 6 month process, of paperwork, certifications, background checks, and vet visits, here we all sit in our tiny, comfortable apartment in Vienna.

Traveling with Nisa was difficult. I did not feed her the day before we traveled, so she wouldn't make a big mess in her box (which she didn't do!). I took her to the vet the day before we left, where she attacked everybody in the room. She was yowling and biting me all night so I would feed her, and that made me feel even worse about what I was going to be putting her through. At our layover in Washington D.C., it was so sad! She had a white crust on her nose, and she spilled her water tray all over her, and she didn't even react. It was terrible. However, she pulled through it all, and she seems quite comfortable here in the new apartment. My sweet international kitty!

Our apartment is quite nice. All the furniture is new Ikea furniture, so it is very comfortable. There is a surprising amount of storage here, and we are all moved in. There is something very satisfying about only having clothes and a few other items, especially after moving out of our old apartment!

Andy and I walked to the two grocery stores about a block or two away from our house. The first was like a dollar store, and the second was a bit nicer with more selection. The dollar store meat section had an entire pigs face for sale. That was probably the weirdest thing we saw.

The strangeness is that everything is similar, but different at the same time. I'm being reminded of German words I knew and forgot already, and I hope my German improves. I'm going to look into finding a tutor or class this week or next.

We are all happy. I have slept all day, and it's 9:30 at night and I'm wide awake! So, I will have to get my sleeping schedule figured out.

I will take pictures of the apartment and our surroundings tomorrow, and post them!


No comments:

Post a Comment